Friday, December 25, 2015

Funky Junkie Tag 11!









I was inspired by Linda's use of mixing a medium and her colors for her Tag #11 . 


















I started with a large (#12) tag from Linda's wonderful Funkie Junkie Boutique , and applied heavy clear gloss gel through a flourish stencil, after first painting the tag white with Picket Fence Distress Paint, which took several coats. This is one of the tags I finished in the hotel room, and all of this painting and stenciling had been done at home some days prior, as I was scheming how I would get all twelve tags done in time.  I forgot to add in some Clear Rock Candy at the time of stenciling, alas.





Now, in the hotel room, I used several colors of Distress Ink (I had all of my mini pads with me, as I am bringing a second set with me to stay in my new vacation house... which is why I also happened to have a craft sheet with me, along with a good number of other standard crafting supplies!)
I smooshed my flourished tag around in these lovely inks..... and I really like what I got....




Then I took some Glossy Accents, and diluted it with a wee bit of water, and spread it on my tag with my finger here and there, immediately followed by Clear Rock Candy (one of the standard supplies I had in my suitcase)....



I colored a die cut label with some Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink... of course flicking it with water....
 and added a Tim Holtz rub-on greeting.

Next I glued down a die cut layered snowflake painted in gold.... for the life of me, I could not locate the corresponding embossing folder in my piles around the craft area..... so I lined up a delicate  wafer thin snowflake die and hoped for the best - it actually came out ok, although I really love the embossing from the folder....so icy looking!


For a final touch, I added a little bit of stretchy gold "ribbon" that had come around a set of napkin rings.  And here is the final result.


One more tag to go, but that will take a bit of making - we will see if I skid in under the deadline!  Thank you so much for stopping by - and if you've time, please do leave a comment.  I appreciate them all, and you!  xxx Lynn

13 comments:

  1. Lynn, There is a gorgeous elegance to this tag and I am transfixed that this was created (at least most it was) created in a hotel room! The effect on the actual tag is so beautiful, with that gorgeous sense of swirls taking place, bringing to mind swirling snowflakes falling from the sky.
    A Merry Christmas to you and a huge thank you for creating such exquisite art.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What s yummy tag! The paste adds such s great depth and variety! Awesome color and snowflake. Merry merry Christmas! You did it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this one, the icy blues, the gorgeous snowflake and the hints of gold give such a festive look to this beautiful tag. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so loving your beautiful tags, and this one is simply stunning. I particularly love the label - is it an edging die that you adapted or a proper label die? - it's gorgeous anyway! I just love the effect of that beautiful snowflake against the embossed background - it's so elegant and classy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Diana - thank you so much! The label is from Siizix set - 650131, Elegant Notebook.....aptly named! xxx Lynn

      Delete
  5. Barbara who loves Jane EyreDecember 29, 2015 at 2:06 AM

    The ornaments are so delicate and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tag!!!!
    Happy New Year Kid!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok...This is absolutely stunning! Your background has such dimension and gorgeous color. I have to try that process!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful - love the swirls of texture amidst the soft blues, and the shimmers of gold and silver - fabulous!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Utterly amazing, Lynn! Words can't describe that beautiful background. I love the colors you achieved and the way you added the Rock Candy sparkle. The snowflake is so beautifully delicate and the die cut that you used for the sentiment panel is lovely. This tag is drop dead gorgeous! And the fact that you finished it in a hotel room blows my mind!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just had to pop in and let you know how thrilled I am that you won a Funkie Junkie prize! Stoaked!!! <3 Have fun with your shopping spree!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep - I am still studying your tag and reading your tutorial -- thanks!!!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I missed this, not sure how. This is gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! Love the shimmer and how smart if you to take some supplies on your trip. I do hope you had fun. The sentiment label die is on my wish list! Wowzers! And congrats on your win at FF as well. Hugz. ~Niki

    ReplyDelete

Due to hacking, alas, all comments will be moderated by Experiments in Paper.