Sunday, January 4, 2015

Tim Holtz 2015 Tag Challenge

Having admired so many tags of the past several years from this challenge, from Tim and others, I decided to try my hand this year.  We will see if I can keep up with the monthly make and post!  First off, the January tag.

Having indulged in the full set of distress stain sprays, and also having finally rounded out my set of distress paints, I thought I'd try some colors I have not yet used.  I was also looking to create something with a winter late afternoon sky, with beautiful blues and purples.  Thus Faded Jeans paint and Dusty Concord spray.


And as my inner "crow" can't resist shiny things, I used Tarnished Bras paint, distress glitter and spray.

I don't have chit chat stickers, and really wanted to keep the background somewhat visible anyway as it reminds me of a landscape from the air, or a map..... the three is because I started this tag on the 3rd.

I used some cutouts from the Trellis Frameworks die, numbers cut from grunge board using the Vintage Market die, and the letters from the Newsprint Alpha Parts.  The crinkle ribbon is died with Tarnished Brass spray.  Note to self - work on bows this year!


The numbers were cracked with Tarnished Brass Crackle Paint, and knocked back with a bit of Maya Gold, which also highlights the great crackling.   I applied quite a bit of paint so that I would get large crackles.  You can also see here the splatter using Tarnished Brass distress paint and a toothbrush as I couldn't find my splatter brush.  It later turned up, in all places, with my other brushes :-)











The letters were completed in the same way as Tim demonstrates, although they were small enough that my fingers did all the distressing as I was handling them.

I used Chipped Sapphire in the distress marker spritzer, but it doesn't show well in the photo.  I also splattered a bit of Dusky Concord distress paint once I found my splatter brush, but I need to work on that technique.  No, it did not go everywhere - it went virtually nowhere!


 Looking forward to seeing everyone else's take on the January tag - thanks for dropping by!

1 comment:

  1. Super take on Tim's tag and a fantastic background. I hope to enter more of Tim's tags this year too.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete

Due to hacking, alas, all comments will be moderated by Experiments in Paper.