And to keep my balance with this great news, am sharing a "how the heck do I do this" moment regarding the Tim Holtz luminary die - love what I see others doing, but clearly I need more work here, lol!
This sample was made with 80# card stock (I am still trying to discern what all of this means, but what it felt like is card stock heavier than double sided scrapbook paper, but not as thick as cardboard, and not as stiff as bristol vellum).
I cut, folded, adhered my 1/8" Sookwang tape pieces, painted with an inexpensive acrylic metallic paint, and then heat embossed with fine copper embossing powder from Ranger using a great marble pattern from a wheeled stamp. I learned the following:
- This weight card stock takes acrylic paint (Folkart Metallic Copper) very well, even when the paint is diluted with a little water.
- When dry, the pieces also took well to Versamark inking, stamped with a marbleized pattern wheel, followed by an application of fine embossing powder which was then heat embossed.
- The painted and embossed pieces folded well, but when assembling, I had troubles matching edges and corners well because I had placed the adhesive tape first, and THEN painted - oops! Lots of gaps, even after trying to re-seal with Glossy Accents.
- I need to seriously figure out the roof piece! Don't paint both sides at once! And maybe card stock is not the best/sturdiest option.
The windows are packaging acetate, on which a flourish stamp is inked with Indigo Blu's Flitter Glu and then covered with Indigo Blu's "Yorkshire Dales" glittering leaf. That panel is then covered with Tim Holtz Frosty Film (covering the flaked image). I love the look, but forgot this incredible gilded flake is opaque, so when a battery-operated tea light is placed inside, it just looks like a shadow.
Ah well, lots to learn, but nonetheless, I love this little piece.....will be trying again soon!
Thanks for visiting!